May 4, 2018

Planning a fun packed family trip to London

Next weekend we are visiting London for three days as a family of five…am I mad?!  Yes I am but I’ve wanted to take the children to our capital for a long time now, and I now feel the time is right. Going away with children can be a daunting and a stressful process – from getting the packing done, making sure everyone is happy and entertained, and not forgetting the lack of relaxation (sorry kids!)  But with some helpful preparation, I am hoping our family trip to London will be a smooth one, and there will be no tears!!  Wish me luck!

London Bridge by dusk - which we are staying near for our family trip to London

London isn’t just about restaurants and shopping (although that sounds lovely!)  It’s a melting pot of activities.  There is so much to see and do that is suitable for all ages – theatre productions, museums, tours – it can be pretty overwhelming and difficult to know where to start.

Below are some tips I’ve drawn up for our own trip which I hope find use to someone else.

How to get there

Where to Stay for your family trip to London

Think about how you are going to get around London Town

Me carrying baby k in his baby carrier for our family trip to London

Consider what attractions you’d like to visit

Where to eat

I hope these tips on our forthcoming family trip to London have been of some use  – watch this space for our upcoming trip!  If you fancy an easy weekend away outside of the UK, check out Daisy’y tips here on how to this with ease!

Two Tiny Hands
Renovation Bay-Bee
33 comments so far.

33 responses to “Planning a fun packed family trip to London”

1. I really want to take my girls to London but as there’s so much walking or tube involved I’ll old iff til we can manage without a pushchair! Hope you have a fab time x

2. We’re heading to London in October and I can’t wait to show the girls as much as we can fit in. Have fun!

3. Lisa (mummascribbles) says:

Ooo I totally take living close to London for granted – especially when it comes to the preparation needed for a weekend trip. I hope you have a fab weekend!

4. Bookmarking this as we are looking to travel to London this summer and some of the tips looks great! I never peg London as family friendly so I’m glad you’ve said that it can be!

5. Jenni says:

We had a wonderful weekend in London last month, it was fantastic. I had thought we needed to wait until my daughter was older but we had a great time at the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum.

6. We take the kids to London loads, it’s always good fun if a little hectic – at least they’re normally tired for the journey home! Hope it all goes well, great tips!

7. Claire Rocks says:

I really want to take my boys to London but ive been holding off. Great post. thanks for sharing! #familyfun

8. Marie says:

I used to live in London so love it! There’s a real buzz about it!!hope you have a great time!!

9. We are going away to Manchester this weekend and the kids are so excited to be staying in a hotel for the first time (it’s a Premier Inn!) I hope you have a fantastic time away! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

10. Helena says:

We were in London yesterday and had a great time. Kind of wish I’d read your tips in this post before we visited though #FamilyFunLinky.

11. We took the kids to London for the first time last month we went on the train with two and loved this over driving. We’ve got used to packing light and thankfully we can stay with my brother in central as he has a spare room! You have to expect to not achieve as much as we thought! Contactless on the tube is the best thing they could’ve done so much easier than cuing for a ticket! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

12. Jaki says:

I used to love travelling to London and did it on many occasions when I was younger, we haven’t ventured with the little one. I’d like to when he’s a bit older though. Thanks so much for sharing with #TriumphantTales, hope to see you again on Tuesday.

13. Lydia says:

London is always fun to explore, especially when with family. Exceptional tips which I will try to bear in mind, Michelle. What time of the day would be best to explore the London attractions?

14. Kelly says:

Have a wonderful time in London! I’d love to go to London with my daughter, but she’s only 3 at the minute, so I may wait a couple of years to make the most of it. Thanks for linking up to #fortheloveofBLOG x

15. I haven’t visited London since I was a child and as I’m really old that was a long time ago! #,triamphanttales@_,karendennis

16. I hope to get to London soon! I think it would be a great trip with my family. #triumphanttales

17. Emma T says:

Ooh I love a trip to London. Some good tips here. We’re due another trip in soon. #triumphanttales

18. Stephanie says:

My children love London. We don’t go very often but have always gone by train as mine are older and can sit in one place for longer! However I don’t like having to lug everything around! I didn’t realise you could hire out slings. What a great idea. Thank you for linking up with #GetMooreFromLife

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About

Hi and welcome to The Willow Tree. I’m Michelle, also known as Shel and I am a mama to three beautiful crazy kids – I have two handsome boys and a wild and wonderful girl.

I really wanted a concrete place to share my thoughts, ideas and my ups and downs on family life, sharing our family adventures and love for fashion. I’d love for it to be a community of support and advice for others too.

I chat everything from Disney, parenting hacks to the latest haul from Primark! I love going on family breaks and holidays and love to document these times of creating special memories.