We can often want or need to make changes to certain rooms in the house. But we all know having total transformations or make overs comes at a cost! More recently, I’ve made some small changes around our home and I’ve really noticed a difference in the feel and layout of certain rooms. Below I’ve come up with tips on ways in which to give your kitchen a spruce without breaking the bank!
- Flooring can get old and tired, especially in kitchens. The kitchen is the place to congregate and many feet walk on its floor. With that in mind, it can be a great way to make change to a room without making too much of a fuss. If you have tiles, changing to laminate flooring is a great way to make a kitchen seem more modern and warmer! No one wants cold feet! Considering the colour of the flooring can even make your room seem bigger – lighter colours will do this.
- If you have the wall space, having a feature wall would be a great idea to make some changes without having a complete makeover. We have a grey brick feature wall that really gives the room some character! And it also gives it a modern but rustic feel – who doesn’t love a bit of ‘on trend!’
- Bringing in some little touches such as your favourite candles (Yankee for me!) can make your kitchen feel more homely. Some kitchens can almost feel clinical with their white walls and splash backs. Add a huge bunch of flowers (real or fake!) and light some warming candles with sweet scents.
- I found with our kitchen, we often got piles of documents and leaflets. So with that in mind, I added a noticeboard. As soon as I did, I noticed the difference! Less paperwork was stuck to the fridge (which looked super untidy!) and now, we have all our invites, school memos and leaflets kept in one place. This one was from Amazon.
- Warmer lighting can make any kitchen feel more homely. We have 9 spotlights in our kitchen but they are very rarely used as I find the light so harsh. So if you haven’t already, consider a dimmer, under cabinet lighting or a light feature.
- If you really hate your kitchen cabinets then consider giving them a lick of paint and changing their handles. Most DIY stores sell all sorts of styles. Honestly, it will feel like you’ve had a new kitchen and will really give you cupboards a new lease of life! And save you lots of money!
- Add some wall art or a photo wall. I love having family photos all around the house and sometimes I feel a kitchen can miss out housing such special memories on the walls. We have a big canvas of the children on our feature wall and I absolutely love it!
- Finally, consider adding some positivity to your kitchen. By this I mean adding a positive quote/canvas on the wall or having positive ornaments. We have a box light and often leave little positive quotes on there! But my favourite it this quote on some wall art I have.
Can anyone else recommend other ways in which you can give your kitchen a new lease of life? Comment below!
*This is a sponsored post*