Anybody who know me, knows I am a worrier. I don’t know where I got it from, as both my parents are not over worriers. But its apart of me and I have to accept it. As my children are getting older, I have to take into consideration they may become worriers too. I can already see this in my 8 year old son B. As W is fast approaching school age, I was delighted to be given the opportunity to review a no more worries kit created by The Irish Fairy Door company which I think will be perfect for both of them.
As I know what it is like to worry, I sure as hell don’t want my children to either. I want to ensure that both B and W can turn to me, or their Dad or any family member to talk about how they feel. Whenever. Wherever. However, sometimes children find that hard. With encouragement, talking about my own feelings to them and with help from the no worries kit, I hope that my children feel confident to express themselves and share when they feel low or down.
The No Worries Kit
The No More Worries Kit by The Irish Fairy Door company contains several items. It contains a Worry Journey, for writing down and thoughts and feelings. A selection of worry discussion cards, which include a question on each card to use when talking with your child. And finally, a No More Worries mini plaque, which lets your child put their thumb print on the plaque when they wish to talk to the fairies. The plaque will turn red when the fairies are listening, and then green when they have heard what your child has said and has taken their worry away. The fairy plaque has an extendable strap which allows you to attach to your child’s bag, school book bag or similar for when they are out and about.
What we love about the No More Worries Kit
- I love the bright and colourful packaging. Its appealing and attractive to the eye and will encourage children to interact and use their worries kit. Its decorative, and the book contains little illustrations.
- The extendable plaque is the first I’ve seen when perusing worry kits. It’s such a great idea and offers encouragement to children when wanting to share their feelings. It’s great it can be taken out and about too, with its extendable strap allowing it to be attached to your child’s bag or book bag for school.
- The use of the no worries plaque it also a great concept, allowing your child to speak to the fairies and then knowing then when the plaque turns green, the fairies have taken their worry away.
- It’s great how it offers a worry journey. Some children find it so hard to talk about their feelings and therefore wish to write things down. I know out of experience with B that this can be the case sometimes.
- And finally, I just love the concept of the whole idea created by the Irish Fairy Door Company. Having a no worries kit is so important for any aged child as it offers a form of support and encouragement. It is really a lovely gift for a child and one that’ll definitely be put to good use!
When putting it to the test, W really liked putting her thumb print to the plaque. She was fascinated when it turned green, knowing that the fairies had listened to her. Although she can only write, I think it’s still good for her to ‘write down’ or draw her feeling in the no more worries kit journal. I have explained to B about using the journey too. I feel he will be more likely to use this that the plaque.
Overall, we have really enjoyed trialling this no worries kit. We will hopefully continue to be put to good use. The no worries kit is priced at £17.99.
Want to read another review? Click here.
*This is a collaborative post. We were sent out a No More Worries Kit in exchange for this blog post. All words and opinions are my own*