In October/November 2018 we took our third trip to Disneyland Paris. We had already stayed at Newport Bay and The Cheyenne, so this time we chose Disneys Sante Fe Hotel for several reasons. Firstly, it came up as the cheapest and secondly, we had never stayed here before and we wanted to try a new hotel on site. Having Disney car’s fans as kids too, this was a win win for us! The reviews also looked great!
Disneys Sante Fe Hotel is themed aound Disney Cars and delivers classic comfort and value. Despite it being the cheapest hotel at our time of booking, I never once felt that we were receiving any less of a service or experience. Yes, it is different to a more expensive hotel of course. It doesn’t have the luxury as NewPort Bay does for example, however I wouldn’t expect it too, being so Disney themed. It was perfect for us and my kids thought it was ace!
Disneys Santa Fe Hotel Rooms
Surprisingly, the room we had (standard room) was surprisingly big. With the five of us, I was wondering how we would all manage. However, I didn’t need to worry as, not only do you not spend too long in your room anyway, and we didn’t feel cramped or squashed. The room had two double beds with a colourful Disney Cars theme throughout. The walls were painted in a pale yellow and sported a Disney Cars border and a painting of Mater on one wall. The light fixtures were designed on cones (even the lamp) and the mirror too!
The room had ample wardrobe space, a safe, hairdryer and Disney toiletries. The rooms can be adjoining but of course, we didn’t need this so Baby K’s cot fitted perfectly in this space. But it is worth baring in mind if you do want two rooms. There are of course bigger family room available (but at a cost!) There was a cabinet with 3 large and deep drawers which we put most of our clothing. There was also a Flat screen TV and a lamp next to it. Next to the cabinet there was a chair too. The bathroom was also Cars themed and the lights around the mirror was my favourite feature! The bath and shower curtain was covered in tyres and it really was great theming – we loved it!
The hotel exterior looked great, especially at night when it was all lit up — it felt very southern and had a mexican feel to it. Each building was named after a Disney Cars character and there was even a cars track as a path when you walked in-between buildings.
Top Tips for staying at Disney’s Sante Fe Hotel
- Check in time is 3pm. However, do check in earlier as your room may be ready. There is a luggage store room to keep your luggage in if you wish.
- Don’t forget to mention when checking in if you are celebrating – honeymoon/birthday/anniversary. The member of staff just may give you some pixie dust!
- There is a Starbucks on site, however your magic card can be used for free hot drinks from the machines scattered around the hotel. There is a limit but that varies.
- If you have a buggy, I would request a ground floor room when booking your break, or at check in if you haven’t already done so. Disney’s Sante Fe Hotel does have lifts and even though its only across a couple of floors, I personally found it easier being on the ground floor with two buggies in tow!
- The hotels onsite restaurant La Cantina can get very busy. So I would suggest you prebook your restaurant . You can book 60 days before (this is when you can book ALL your restaurants). If you haven’t, you can always book at the hotel reception.
- There is a small play area/colouring area within La Cantina which came super handy when the kids wanted to get down from the table during breakfast. We always managed to get a table near it too.
- Each morning, there is a character meet and greet in the hotel reception from around 8am. This is a great way to meet a character without being in the park and attempting the big queues. We met Goofy and waited around 5-10 minutes!
- If you are driving, there is FREE Parking and once checked in, you can move your car nearer to your building of where you are staying.
- If you wish to be closer to the walkway to the parks, then request the building Mater.
- Don’t forget, as a hotel guest, you can make use of Early Magic Hours (EMH) This means you can enter the parks earlier at 8.30am. They open a few rides and there is also meet and greets too.
- There is an onsite boutique called Trading post that sells a few items including cold drinks from a fridge. It isn’t very big but sells a lot of Disney Cars merchandise you may not find elsewhere in the parks!
Overall, we were extremely happy with our staff, and for the price you can’t go wrong! I would 100% stay here again!
Have you stayed at Disneys Sante Fe Hotel before and if so, what did you think?