Let’s spread a little festive fairy dust this year by Donating to Dear Santa Embrace for child victims and witnesses of crime across the UK.
Earlier this year, my son Mr B was bitten by a dog whilst we were out at our local park. Unfortunately, what followed wasn’t really plain sailing and we did have to report the dog bite to our local police. It was a horrible experience for my son to go through, involving several trips to the doctors to have his dressings changed, having a tetanus jab and not being able to swim on his first day of our holiday.
Anyway, this post really isn’t about that. What it is about it the support that we received for our local Police for what happened to Mr B. From his experience, we were put in touch with a charity that supports child victims of crime. They recently launched their seasonal Dear Santa scheme which is managed by an ex police officer and has been up and running for around 12/18 months. Not many people really know about it. And due to the fact we now do, I wanted to share a little bit about this fantastic seasonal appeal for child victims.
About Dear Santa Embrace
- Dear Santa Embrace is their seasonal appeal to deliver gifts to child victims or witnesses of crime across the UK
- It could be a child that has suffered sexual abuse, been a witness to domestic violence or have lost a loved one to homicide
- What you can do is donate a gift (worth up to £50) to one of these children which will be delivered to their door in time for Christmas 2018
- Dear Santa Embrace will wrap up that chosen gift
- 100% of your donation goes to your chosen victim
How to donate to Dear Santa Embrace this Christmas
All you have to do is:
- Visit their website.
- From here, you can view Dear Santa’s Wish list. You can choose which region based on where you live if you wish (options are North/Scotland, Midlands/Wales and South).
- You will then be directed to an Amazon page, which will list all of the children’s chosen items. You then purchase direct from this Amazon page.
- You can even leave details to request a certification of appreciation.
- The Elves at Dear Santa Embrace CVOC will wrap the gift for you.
- The gift will be sent direct to that child’s address in time for Christmas signed from the Big Man himself, Santa.
So, whether you prefer to not send Christmas cards this year and donate to Dear Santa Embrace, or you find someone hard to buy for and therefore want to make a donation on their behalf, it really is an appeal to think about this Christmas.
If you wish to help me out, please do give some social shares for this Christmas appeal by hash tagging #dearsanta2018 on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIN. It really is a very special charity.
We will be donating, will you?
Thank you so much for reading xx