We became National Trust members last month and I felt like it was important to share why we love it so much, and why now is the best time to become members! After what has felt like a rollercoaster of a few months being in lockdown and having so many restrictions placed on where we can visit (with great intentions to keeping us safe of course) it really is uplifting to see that some places are beginning to open their doors and welcome back guests to their attractions. We’ve already had the pleasure of visiting some of our favourite outdoor attractions such as Wicksteed Park, many of the best Solihull Parks and making use of free natural trails in Birmingham.
Here is my list of the reasons why being a National Trust member is great and why I think everyone should join.
1. Supporting natural spots of beauty and local areas that may have suffered considerably during Covid 19 feels good and feels like you are giving something back to the community.
2. Being outdoors is wonderful. Whilst some of the National Trust houses are beginning to open, if you prefer to be outdoors, then thats absolutely fine. You do not have to go inside the houses and can make use of all the outdoor space.
3. Now is the best time to become a National Trust member if you wish to be outdoors with limited amount of people. You cannot guarantee how many people will be at your local park, but National Trust are limiting the amount of guests. So you can rest assured that there will be plenty of space to socially distance knowing that they are at reduced capacity.
4. National Trust have great Covid-19 measures in place, from a prebookable online system, to limiting the amount of visitors, socially distanced markers, one way systems and plenty of outdoor fresh air!
5. Whilst you have to prebook book prior to your National Trust visit, it really is easy and tickets are released each week for the following 7 days. We’ve always managed to get the slot we want to book, with plenty of options available.
6. It really is wonderful to be outdoors and in beautiful settings, appreciating all the nature of the land around us. One of the things that i’ve taken from my silver linings of Covid-19 is the fact that I have fallen in love with being outside and being around nature – it makes me feel happy and positive!
7. Get them steps in! There is not a better time that to begin exercising, and taking a gentle walk it great for building up your fitness and getting them daily steps in! SO why not do it at a National Trust site!
8. Its reasonably priced! The cost of a National Trust membership for an individual adult its only £6 per month. Or for a Family with two adults (including children) its just £10.50 per month. If you visit only 1 National Trust bimonthly you’ll be getting your moneys worth, so it really is a no brainier if you with to visit more than that! (We tend to visit one per week/fortnight).
9. There is free parking at most National Trust sites.
10. As part of your National Trust Membership, you’ll receive the National Trust Magazine three times a year. Once you sign up, you’ll also receive a lovely book listing all the National Trusts across the UK and the facilities available there.
11. If your a grandparent and opt for a family membership, your membership will also include your grandchildren too.
12. Being a National Trust member allows you and your children to be closer to nature, explore, take bike rides, trek trails and eat the occasional ice cream or two all in a safe and secure setting!
If you wish to become a National Trust member, simply visit their website and click ‘Join‘ and you’ll be given several options of memberships. Signing up is easy and the membership does last for 12 months (you cannot cancel your membership within this time so it’s worth noting this). Once you have signed up, you’ll receive and email confirmation of your membership and you’ll also receive temporary membership cards whilst your physical passes will be sent out in the post. Once you have your temporary cards sent via email (mine took several hours) you can being your National Trust adventures!
Tempted? I was! There are over 500 places to visit with National Trust membership! There is so much to explore! If you wish to follow our family adventures, click to subscribe in the sidebar!
Thanks for reading xxx
Hi and welcome to The Willow Tree. I’m Michelle, also known as Shel and I am a mama to three beautiful crazy kids – I have two handsome boys and a wild and wonderful girl.
I really wanted a concrete place to share my love for travel, in particular Disney and offer my readers a chance to gain some knowledge around what we love to do as a family of 5.
I share our family adventures which include days out, travel advice and tips, holiday reviews, restaurant visits and of course, our love for Disney, including Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney World.
Life is about creating memories, and here we are sharing them with you